- FSC certified Madrone countertops with a natural hardwax oil finish.
- Custom cabinetry built with FSC certified cabinet grade plywood with soy-based adhesive.
- Inset hot pad fabricated using recycled aluminum.
- Cabinet doors were built using wood salvaged from the original cabinetry.
- Breakfast bar designed with a laptop computer drawer to create a comfortable workspace that is easy to keep tidy.
- Pantry redesigned to include pull-out recycling bins.
- Sliding shelves in lower cabinets and mixer lift for heavy kitchenaid mixer.
- Built-in shelves and cabinetry bumped out into garage to maximize kitchen storage.
- Featured in Fine Homebuilding Magazine’s 2010 “Kitchens and Baths” issue. Article entitled, “Celebrating Ingenuity,” (see pages 1 and 2)